< Back to all clusters
[INTERNATIONAL] · Syria · 2 sources

started · updated

Syria apologizes to six detainees cleared of ISIS links

The Syrian Ministry of Interior has issued an apology to six individuals detained in Khan Arnabah, Quneitra Governorate, after investigations failed to prove any links to ISIS. The Ministry apologized to the detainees and their families for the period of detention and the precautionary measures taken.

The investigation into a cell in the region confirmed the involvement of Musab Khalil al-Sheikh, known as ‘al-Sini’, who allegedly led the cell and previously held leadership roles within ISIS, including ‘Governor of Damascus’ and ‘Military of the South’. Two other individuals, Suhaib Wael al-Sheikh and Musa Hashem Mustafa, were also found to be involved in activities related to the organization.

The six individuals cleared of involvement—Adel Abdullah al-Said, Mohammed Adel al-Said, Mustafa Adel al-Said, Bayan Khalid al-Masri, Maher Othman al-Asad, and Amer Ibrahim al-Sayed—were found to have connections to the suspect only through family ties. The initial arrests on August 9 were prompted by intelligence regarding the cell's activities, which included weapons collection and supporting ISIS movements.

Entities

ISIS · Khan Arnabah · Musab Khalil al-Sheikh · Quneitra Governorate · Syrian Ministry of Interior